Thursday, August 09, 2007

CHRIST IN ALL THINGS


Good day dear friends.
Here is our study guide for today:
Thursday: Job 7, 8, 9What is it that Job finds most difficult about his experience with God?
Job, like you and me, finds it hard to understand why bad things happen to us or others. We ask from time to time, where is God and why did God permit this to happen? Job very honestly does not understand. Job knows that in his heart he sought the Lord and to please Him in all that he did, yet he found himself losing everything and everyone. He even found himself suffering in his own body which brought the other suffering all the more closer, for to lose one loved one is too much, imagine losing them all and then having to suffer a disease of severe pain and itching.
Paul says we don't understand these things now, we just understand the presence and power of God. Paul himself was not immune from suffering or tribulation, yet he continued strong in his faith. Paul was different from Job in that Paul saw the risen Christ and was instructed by Him about his suffering and even his death. So, Paul was able to say, "If I live, I live for Christ, even in the midst of all suffering; and if I die, it's victory! I go to be with Him!"
How's your outlook? How has your faith shaped your outlook? I pray that in spite of what has come your way you would know to trust God and give God the last word in all things.
PRAYER: Loving God, come and speak to me in my situation right now. Give me the faith of Paul to trust You and be guided by You. I pray this in the Name of He present with us in all things, Jesus my Lord, amen.
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.