Friday, January 21, 2005

Alma Mater does good by me...almost in all areas!

The pictures below this posting are from our trip to Jacksonville, Texas to leave Alfiado J. Franca to his new college, Lon Morris College, a United Methodist junior college. This is where I started my higher educational journey in 1971. Much of the campus has stayed the same, but overall signs of growth and financial commitment are evident. What has not changed is the wonderful spirit of love and warmth that I felt from almost everyone on campus when I set foot there as a student. The way they received Alf made me proud to tell all who worked there, "I graduated from here in 1973!" That opened a lot of doors, even after getting caught being in my old dorm without the access code! Oh, that changed since I was there. No longer is there a mandatory curfew for women, but now both sexes have to be in their rooms by 12 midnight or the codes don't work. A security guard has to let them in.

Alf will do well. Pray for him! Pray that the testing center found his test! That was the only disappointing thing of today, but if you've seen my office, you know those things happen!

Praise you Father for safe travel and for opening doors!!!