Thursday, October 28, 2010

A PRAYER OF PRAISE FOR TODAY

Loving God, guide, bless and protect the life of this dear reader; in Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Our text today comes from Psalm 119: 137 You are right and you do right, God; your decisions are right on target. 138 You rightly instruct us in how to live ever faithful to you. 139 My rivals nearly did me in, they persistently ignored your commandments. 140 Your promise has been tested through and through, and I, your servant, love it dearly. 141 I'm too young to be important, but I don't forget what you tell me. 142 Your righteousness is eternally right, your revelation is the only truth. 143 Even though troubles came down on me hard, your commands always gave me delight. 144 The way you tell me to live is always right; help me understand it so I can live to the fullest.

This is a prayer of praise. I invite you to pray it and to live it. It is a young David acknowledging his place in the place of God. David knew as should we, that when we seek God we must realize first that God is right and God is s God who does right. God is a God who decides what is right and it is, as this version says, "right on target." As we study God's Word, we also learn valuable life instructions, geared to lead us to faithfulness. As we face temptations and invitations to ignore God's commandments, we find the strength to lead us back. And David knew that this was for all people, regardless of age. No one can claim they are too young or too old to follow what the Bible teaches. And whatever life may bring to us, God is with us and brings us victory.

PRAYER: Lord, as I pray what Your son David prayed, let it be my prayer of faith as well. Let me know You and Your ways. Guide me to faithfulness, today and always. I pray this in Christ Jesus' precious and powerful name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde