Wednesday, June 18, 2008

MIDWEEK PRAYER


Good day dear friends.

As we do our daily devotional this morning please remember Michael McCallum in your prayers as he prepares for a hernia operation this morning here at Valley Baptist (Harlingen).

Here is our study guide for the week:

wednesday Make this a midweek day of prayer. Pray for a deeper understanding of what it means to be a loving, responsible person. If you’re a parent, pray for the wisdom and love you need to be a better mom/dad. Pray especially for those whose relationships may be strained with their children.

PRAYER: Loving God, Father of us all, I thank you for this day. I don't know what today holds, but I know that You hold me. So, hold me tight, Lord. I ask your blessing upon those facing surgery this morning and I pray for Michael as he prepares to undergo this hernia operation. We pray for a successful surgery. Grant him the healing and relief that he needs. Bless his family, grant them peace during this time. We pray for the Hull family as they prepare to celebrate Martha's life tomorrow.

I pray for wisdom for all who are parents and those who are raising children, whether their own, or their children's children. Bring them to a deeper understanding of what it means to be a parent. May we all accept a loving, caring attitude towards children. I pray for those who may have a strained relationship with their kids; bring restoration today.

Bless the world with peace, justice, mercy and understanding. Let me be a blessing to You and Yours. I pray all these things in Christ Jesus' precious Name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord.

e.v.