Friday, June 20, 2008

TAKING TIME

Good day dear friends.

Here is our study guide for today:

Friday Write a card or note to a man who’s made a difference in your life. If he is now with the Lord, still write it and place in your Bible. If he’s living, mail it to him. Express your gratitude for all he did and showed to you that has blessed you.

Yesterday a Sunday school from San Marcos made Nellie's day. While we were at FUMC-SM, a new Sunday school class was formed just to pray for the church. They studied materials about prayer and spent time praying for the pastors, the leaders, the staff, the membership, and the community. They gave themselves the name, Storming Heaven's Gates. And each week they would send me and several staff members, a handwritten card saying they were praying for me and my needs.

Yesterday they remembered Nellie's birthday and shared with her how they had prayer for her during their class and this card made Nellie's day.

So, today make time to thank a man for having made a difference in your life. The reason I chose "man" instead of "woman" was due to the connection to Father's Day this past Sunday. In May we'll do the same for a woman.

PRAYER: Loving God, I thank you for those who remember me in their prayers. What a joy to have people that care enough for me to include my name in their thoughts and words lifted up to You. Let me be like them today as I pray for _________________________ and ________________. Thank you for this precious gift of prayer, in Jesus' Name I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

e.v.