Sunday, June 01, 2008

THIS IS THE DAY!


Good day dear friends.

Last weekend Nellie and I walked around the small community of Port Aransas. It was very humid and got hot rather early in the day, but that did not deter our wandering among the tourist shops of that beach town. We didn't have a way to make hot tea in our room so we asked at the souvenir shop if there was a coffee shop in town. The cashier told us how to get there and we were only about two blocks away.

As we sat to await our drinks we noticed a sign above the door leading out of the shop. It said, "Psalm 118:24." I asked Nellie do you know what verse that is? She said, "I think I do." And I said, I think I know too, it must be, "I was glad when they said unto me let us go into the House of the Lord." But that didn't quite make sense to have it over the doorway unless the owner is deeply religious to seeing the world as God's house. I used the internet access of my phone and typed in the verse and it came back, duh, "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." What a nice way to start the day! Enter into a coffee shop, get your morning pickmeup and then head into the world knowing that each day is a gift, handmade by God, offered to us with the only stipulation to be glad and rejoice in what God offers.

And so it is with today. This is Sunday, the first day of June. It is the Lord's day and we should rejoice in what God offers to us: A nice church family, a church home, a place to worship and be glad.

PRAYER: Thank you for this day, dear God, I accept this day as Your gift to me. Let me do all You would have me do. Let me go into Your house with gladness to worship You and praise You. I pray this in Jesus' Name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

e.v.