Tuesday, July 01, 2008

GOD CAN CHANGE YOU!


Good day dear friends.

Here is our study guide for today:

In Exodus 3 we find the Call of Moses. Read that chapter and see how this is also a model of prayer. God calls Moses in a strange, unexplainable way. Moses answers, God rejects his answer and convinces Moses that God can help/change you if God wants you to serve Him.

Here is part of that chapter: Exodus 3:7 Then the Lord said, "I have observed the misery of my people who are in Egypt; I have heard their cry on account of their taskmasters. Indeed, I know their sufferings, 8 and I have come down to deliver them from the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land to a good and broad land, a land flowing with milk and honey, to the country of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites. 9 The cry of the Israelites has now come to me; I have also seen how the Egyptians oppress them. 10 So come, I will send you to Pharaoh to bring my people, the Israelites, out of Egypt." 11 But Moses said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"

Prayer is sometimes God coming to us and speaking a need or request. We sometimes think, "What was I thinking?" or "How dare me think such thoughts?" But it may be God asking us to do something for Him. In today's passage Moses was a fugitive from the law. He was a murderer hiding in another land in hopes that once enough time passed the crime would be forgotten and he could return to Eqypt or since he was now married and in a family that provided for him, he thought he could stay there for the rest of his life. But God had other plans and visits him with the request of his life. God had chosen him to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt and out of slavery. Moses' response was mine and it has been yours: Who am I? or better yet, Why me?

God changed Moses and God changed me. God can change you. That's another benefit of prayer, as we pray for difficulties and challenges in our lives, many times the main change that has to occur is the change in us; our thinking, our attitude, our perception of the problem, etc. We may not even ask for it. We may not even think it is us that needs to change, but through prayer change will come and we will be the better for it.

PRAYER: Loving God, speak to my heart right now about where I am and where I need to be. As I pray speak to me and bring to me that which You would have me receive. Let my prayers be worship prayers, let me hear myself being honest to You and bring change to my life for Your good. I pray in the Name of Jesus my Lord, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

e.v.