Friday, July 04, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA!


Good, Happy, and safe Fourth of July day to everyone! May this day remind us of the greatness of our country, as well as to pray for those areas in which we as a nation may be falling short. Someone one said, "We may not be perfect, but we're the best there is." May the Lord make it so!

Here is our study guide for today:

A day of service. Write out the names of those who have asked you to pray for them. What were the names you heard in church that needed your prayers? Pray for people that you don’t even know!

There is no better way in which to pray than by having a prayer list to guide us in the supplication part of our prayer. Most of us get asked by folks to pray for them, and the least we can do is pray for them. Make out a list of those who come to mind. If no one has asked you to pray, then try to remember those who are in the hospital, those having had treatments or surgeries or have received medical news that they did not want to hear. There are many prayer needs all around us!

PRAYER: All knowing God of us all, I raise my voice or thoughts in prayer to You. I praise You and thank You for being my God. I cannot begin to comprehend all that You do and have done for me. I also confess that I have not done what I should and have done some things that I should not have, so in my confession I ask forgiveness. I thank you for all that I have and I ask Your continued blessings on things that I need. And as I pray I ask your blessing on those who have asked me to be in prayer for them. Some I have to confess I have forgotten their name or need, but Lord you were there and I ask Your blessing on them right now. Bless me and my family and let me be a blessing to You. I pray this in faith and in the Name of Jesus my Lord, amen.

Have a great Happy Fourth of July!

e.v.