Sunday, March 18, 2007

SURRENDER YOUR PRIDE


Good day dear friends.
Our prayer focus for today should be for those who travel back to school or work after having spent time on spring break.
Here is our study guide for today:Sunday: Read Genesis 43, 44, and 45. Make a list of the emotions that Joseph experienced in their crucial meetings.
Joseph was guided by God and he loved and trusted Him. To see his brothers kneel before him I believe, did not make him feel vindicated, but rather glad to see them alive. To find out his father and younger brother still lived also were more than he could imagine and so my list would begin with happiness, grateful to God that these were still alive. Joseph may have also felt some sadness at the time they had been apart from each other, but to finally be together I'm sure made up for that feeling.
Today's reading in The Upper Room is about forgiveness and the writer shares how he and his brother were once angry at each other and how the writer's heart was hardened at knowing he had to forgive his brother just like Jesus' parable about the unjust steward had shown. It was when he finally surrendered his pride to God that he knew he needed to forgive his brother.
What is more important, pride or life? Being right or being reconciled?
PRAYER: Loving God, let me realize how precious it is to be alive and in relationship with You and with my loved ones. Help me surrender my pride to you so that reconciliation can take place with those I may have hurt. I pray in Jesus' name, amen.
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.