Wednesday, April 04, 2007

DAILY WORSHIP

Good day dear friends.
Here is our study guide for today: Wednesday: Leviticus 1, 2, 3Compare the Levitical Order of Worship with your church’s Order of Worship. What siginificance carries over into your everyday life of the things in the OFW?
The central part of worship is giving. The giving of ourselves to the Lord; the giving of our worship and praise; the giving of our money to the Lord. The readings for today emphasize that in all three chapters.
Our order of worship of course can be, and should be, applied to our daily life. We're called to center ourselves on the Lord as we gather ourselves together for the day. No better way to begin the day than in prayer. We're called to worship in our hearts in all things at any part of the day. We should sing praises or hymns during the day. I find that most Sundays one of the hymns from that morning just stay with me and I find myself either singing or whistling the tune over and over. And most Mondays I find the same is true. Music can do a lot for the good of our soul. We should read the Word and hear the Word in any way or chance we get. If you don't remember the sermon, go online to www.fumcsm.org and rehear the sermon or one you may have missed. We should find opportunities to give during the day. If it isn't money, give a smile, a hug, a pat on the back, a handshake, a gesture of love; you'll be blessed!
How will you worship the Lord today?
PRAYER: God of every aspect of life, help me to glorify You today in all that I do. I pray this in the Name of He who did the same, Jesus my Lord, amen.
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.