Thursday, April 12, 2007

WHAT HAS GOD DONE IN YOUR HISTORY?


Good day dear friends.
We continue our study of God bringing us new life. Here is our study guide: Thursday: Leviticus 22, 23, 24What six holy celebrations, besides the Sabbath, are found in Lev. 23? What do they hold in common?
I will let you find and list the six holy celebrations in today's readings. Be sure to read them all. In the last chapter for today you'll find the law of retaliation.
All that the celebrations hold in common is a thankfulness towards God. In every celebration, God is central and God is to be praised. As the people of God journeyed towards the promised land, the purpose was to instruct the people in the ways of God. Central to that instruction was the place God should hold in every heart and head. It is a reminder, "God did this for me. I will do this for God." Of course, that's oversimplifying it, but it's the core of what the feasts and banquets held for God.
What has God done in your history? What have you done for God in return? Does God hold a central place in your heart and head? Are you reminded of what good God can do in your life? Are you reminding yourself of what good you can do for God and God's people?
PRAYER: Loving God, I celebrate Your involvement and interest in my life. Let me not forget all that You can do for me, especially in times of need. Let me not forget what I can do for You especially when I see someone in need. I pray in the Name of He who looked out for all, Jesus my Lord, amen.
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.